background

Monday, January 24, 2011

Sisters


There's really nothing like the relationship between sisters.... or sibling in general. I was born into a family that gave me THREE amazing, beautiful built in best friends. I am so close to each one of them... in fact, I couldn't honestly say I was closer to one over the other. And we all are so much alike yet with distinctive differences. Even though since Mark & I moved away from Bellflower almost three years ago and I don't get to see my sisters nearly as much as I want to, we never seem to skip a beat. I have bonded with all of them through different situations...

Lisa was my roommate & bedmate for the better part of twenty years. Our bedtime ritual: "Chao" = "Good night. Love you. Don't forget to pray."

Carmen was my "cool car ride" to Jr High & would let me borrow some of her fashionable clothes so I could look as awesome as she always did. We also were able to share our engagement, weddings, and suffer through the "LGN" (look good naked) diets together so we could look "HD" (hottdamn) on our wedding nights!

Shelly and I bonded over being far away from home for the first time together... God strategically placed me in Virginia for the same year that she, Steve & newborn Colin were in North Carolina. A weekly three hour drive from north to south to hang out with the Abrahams was the highlight of my week.

There are way too many memories before and since then that I could mention... but those were the formative bonding moments for me.

I've had a different sister/niece duo out here every weekend starting the 2nd weekend of January. Lisa & Kaylie and I had SO much fun ... watching movies, veggin' in our our pajamas, drinking moscato, and walking through Old Town Sac. As did Carm, Molls & I... Going for LOTS of walks, indulging in way too much junk food, taking lots of pictures, shopping, and exchanging services (my new hair-do for pics & headbands). I can't wait to have some fun with Shelly & Brooklyn next weekend, and then my mom for a whole week! I LOVE 2011 SO FAR!!!!

No comments: